Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February!

Oh my gosh, despite all my good intentions, months have gone by without any words being said. Hmm...how does that happen? Anyway, last weekend I went home for a funeral...an uncle...Uncle Marcel. What great memories I have. He was the "Old Dutch" guy...yes, when I was a kid, Uncle Marcel sold Old Dutch, and of course, you know what that meant; as kids we couldn't wait to go and visit! We rarely had chips in our house, but oooohhhh to go to Uncle Marcel's and Auntie Marg's that was a treat!

I hadn't seen Uncle Marcel in a few years, and somehow that's okay as I know life gets busy and as our families get larger it's harder to get together. The memories are still there and strong, he was such a kindhearted man who gave the best hugs! I will never forget the day I brought Robert home to meet mom's family! Now, you need to realize this is a huge family with 7 brothers and sisters...aunts and uncles are plentiful! Whenever a grandchild brought a I knew in a heartbeat that Uncle Marcel would have nothing for approval for this young man I had brought to a family event! They were both French!! I knew that for Uncle Marcel, I had picked a great guy!

The funeral was yesterday, and I have decided I really dislike funerals. I wish there was more celebration of life; make me smile; make me remember the best of the best! I feel so much for my cousins, they are hurting and there's nothing I can do that will help. Time, well, yes, everyone says time will help, and it will, but in all reality, there's still an emptiness, a void if you will that will never be filled again. My heart aches for their loss. I send them my love and blessings. Life has changed, it will be different from this moment on. I love you Uncle!

2 comments:

mow180 said...

I just had a feeling you had posted something. Thanks, Tracee. Be kind to yourself.

Traceemom said...

Thank you! :)