Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dance results

I am so proud of my girl, she did so well at her feis last weekend.  For this feis, the organizers flipped the schedule so that the older kids dance first thing in the morning.  Now, if you have a teenager, you know how well getting up at 6:45 am goes over.  I especially, have a lovely darling girl who HATES to get up in the morning.  However, this time, she was amazing.  We stayed at the Hyatt, which is a wonderful hotel, and we were to bed at a normal 11pm...(did I mention she hates going to bed too!)  I called her, rubbed her back, slowly got her moving before I hit the shower...when I was done, she was awake, playing on her IPOD, WOW!  I have to say this is not normal!

She got dressed in her dance paraphernalia, complete with wig and a new "pouf" styling for her hair, and we were downstairs for 7:45!  She helped the younger dancers warm up, stretching her self, and being happy!  :)

I am so proud of my girl!  the positive attitude paid off, and she came home with a first place medal, two second place medals, and best of all a 4th place trophy.  I am thrilled with the results, but more thrilled with the young lady and her actions of the day.

We had a great drive home, and a wonderful time together.  I love mother/daughter bonding time! 

No comments: