Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thankful

for my husband tonight.  He called at 4:00 to see what I was up to.  Today was my last day off for Christmas break.  My lovely husband told me to get my coat on and he was coming to pick me up to go out for appetizers and a drink!  Whoo Hoo!!!  Going out without the kids doesn't happen often, and what a great time we had.  We were joined by our friends Colin and Elida.  It was nice to go out, and have a little to eat, and a wonderful glass of wine!  Yay!  And yes, I did workout today!  9 am, yes I did!!!


Last night  I went to TRX class at 6:00.  Whew, the gym was full...Amanda had kids class, Jo was doing a private training session, and Shannon had her hands full with 11 of us!  It must be January!  I quite enjoyed the class, had a few exercises that kicked my butt, but it still felt great!  (Did I really just say that?)  Crazy!!!

While Robert and I were waiting for Colin and Elida to arrive at Moxies, we had a chat about how the gym is going and how I feel working out.  Robert's been so awesome, especially since he's seen me try every diet under the sun.  As long as I'm feeling good, he's cheering me on.  The only thing I would like to be different is my knees; they're hurting tonight, and some of the exercises are just hard on my knees.  But I'm hoping as I get stronger yet, the muscles around the knees will get stronger too and the pain won't be as much!    I actually looked at what it takes to  run a 5 k....what's up with that!  LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Man! Supportive and loving, awesome! Knees...I know all about that too....keep going! But also listen to your body and ask for different options that don't strain as much.
love PRR

Traceemom said...

Yes, he's a keeper Patti! :)

Tammy (Scrappy and T) said...

What does TRX stand for?

I joined the gym at work Dec 1st and I am enjoying it ... we get there at 6:30 am and its great. My knees have been hurting me alot as well .. I too hope once they get stronger the pain will go away.

Traceemom said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_Training

It's a suspension system, which we use in conjection with a circut of ab training and cardio. It IS much easier on the knees and makes exercise a little more fun!