Saturday, March 26, 2011

Will it ever be over?

Will it ever be over?  The answer is no...the question?  Will the worry about being fat/overweight (whatever you want to call it) ever be over?  I don't think so.  It's such a struggle...and a frustration.  A few of my friends have been meeting every Saturday morning for the last three weeks to share our struggles and be a sounding board for each other.  It's a wonderful chance to visit and share a little bit of our mom woes, etc.  And an opportunity to get ideas about our individual issues that we have.  Of course, the one struggle we all share is weight...either getting it off, or keeping it off.  I am very proud of the girls for their weight losses.  But I am also feeling a little jealous, as they've all lost weight, but me! 

How does one get over those feelings?  How does one struggle through all the everyday chores, all the aspects of being a mom and a wife, and work commitments....and still find time to take care of oneself?  It seems to me others have somewhat figured it out.  I'm still working on it.  I have had a really hard time going back to JDFT since my surgery.  I have lost the momentum..how do I get it back?  There's such a  pull to go to the gym, and to walk the dog, and keep up with everything (meaning the house and errands), and me well, I seem to fall to the bottom of the list.  Not to mention that I'm tired. What a vicious circle...if I went to the gym more, I would get energy and then I wouldn't be so tired.

It's trying to be spring (and failing miserably), but I know it means capri, short, t-shirt...all the clothes that you can't hide behind.  Don't even get me started on a swimming suit.  It is time to start again...(insert big sigh here), it seems like I'm always starting...will it ever be over...nope!

No comments: