Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Now I remember!

It was a really long day at school today.  It's been crazy busy, and then adding the trips to the gym into my schedule...really, I'm tired. 

But at the end of the school day, I had a moment...just one little moment, that yes, I am making a difference!  A young lady came in needing only 2 credits to graduate...not a problem...except, wait, she's 20.  Not eligible for regular high school funding.  Instead of regular fees, she would be required to pay adult fees...three times the regular school fee.  There is no way she can afford to pay it.  Quick call to our principal, "Can we do something?"  And the answer was yes if I was willing to do my part !!!!    The smile on this young girls face was amazing; her eyes lit up, and  she was so happy that she will be able to graduate and have a high school diploma!  Sometimes we forget that the little things we do for those around us do make a difference. In the day to day runnings of the school I rarely have these moments, and today I am thankful, as I made a difference in a young girls life!

No comments: